In early 2024, Gmail and Yahoo will require DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) for all senders sending more than 5,000 emails per day. This means that businesses that send emails to Gmail or Yahoo addresses will need to have a DMARC policy in place in order for their emails to be delivered.
DMARC is a standard that helps to protect email senders from spoofing and phishing attacks. It does this by allowing senders to specify which domains are authorized to send emails from their domain. When an email is sent, the receiving email server checks the DMARC record for the sender’s domain to see if the email is authorized. If the email is not authorized, the receiving email server may reject the email or mark it as spam.
There are a number of considerations for businesses that are implementing DMARC. These include:
- Making sure that all of your email domains have a DMARC record.
- Monitoring your DMARC reports to see how your emails are being handled by receiving email servers.
- Working with your email service provider to make sure that they are compliant with DMARC.
DMARC can be a complex standard to implement, but it is an important step for businesses that want to protect their email reputation and deliverability. Bound Planet has expertise in implementing DMARC and can help businesses of all sizes get started with this important standard.
How DMARC Applies to Businesses
DMARC is important for businesses because it can help to:
- Protect their email reputation. When businesses have a DMARC record in place, it is less likely that their emails will be marked as spam. This can help to protect their brand and reputation.
- Improve email deliverability. When businesses have a DMARC record in place, their emails are more likely to be delivered to the intended recipient. This can help to improve customer engagement and sales.
- Protect against phishing attacks. DMARC can help to protect businesses from phishing attacks by making it more difficult for attackers to spoof their email addresses.
Bound Planet’s Expertise in Implementing DMARC
Utilize Bound Planet’s expertise to help businesses of all sizes implement DMARC. We can help businesses to:
- Assess their current email infrastructure.
- Create a DMARC record for their domain.
- Monitor their DMARC reports.
- Work with their email service provider to make sure that they are compliant with DMARC.
If you are a business that is concerned about the impact of DMARC on your email marketing, please contact us today to learn more about how we can help you implement this important protection.